The station was originally planned as a 1320 MWe oil-fired power station consisting of two 676 MWe generating units. Construction began in May 1973, with one unit opening in 1980, and the other in 1982. The original owner was the North of Scotland Hydro-Electric Board. The proximity of the station to St Fergus gas terminal meant, however, that the boilers were converted to burn gas as well as oil. When it opened, it burnt waste gas from the Brent oilfield, prior to this gas being refined at the Mossmorran refinery near Cowdenbeath, and the price of oil was uneconomic to use. By 1984, the price of oil made it economic to burn.
The power station was refurbished during 2015, and returned to service in November 2015. Thestation is now configured for flexibly and efficiently generating between 240 MWe and 400 MWe, with a Supplemental Balancing Reserve (SBR) contract for an additional 750 MWe to provide occasional back-up over the winter period.
During this refurbishment Peterhead was searching for a lighting solution and through our distributor STL they came to the conclusion that the TNAML light fixture was the best solution for their plant. Peterhead Power Station is using the TNAML in industrial areas and in hazardous areas. The big advantage is that the TNAML is maintenance free. This means that they only have to do a visible inspection. This includes the TNAML with Emergency back up as well. Till this day we have delivered over 100 TNAML’s to the power station and they are doing what they were intended to do. To shine a bright light on the power station.
For more information please contact:
Mr. C. den Uil
TechNed Benelux B.V.
Veersteeg 15 4212 LR Spijk
+31 (0) 183-631295 or at email@example.com